Events and Announcements
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC ), participated in a two-day "Regional Security Days" workshop at the Netherland Embassy, Bangkok (TH), December 10-11, 2018. He presented "Resilience and Resurgence of Al-Qaeda’s South Asian Affiliate (AQIS)" at the workshop.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) attended OPCW/CWC Conference of State Parties (CSP-23), 4th REV-CONF, Nov 19- Dec 24, 2018, at World Forum Convention Centre, The Hague (Netherlands). He presented a Statement as part of the NGO statements under CWC Coalition.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) attended OPCW/CWC Conference of State Parties (CSP 22), November 27- December 01 2017 at World Forum Convention Centre, The Hague (Netherlands). He presented a Statement as part of the NGO statements under CWC Coalition.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) participated in a workshop titled "Islamic State & Its Afterlives" organised by the RSIS/ CENS, Singapore on 28-29 September 2017, Marina Mandarin, Singapore.
- Animesh Roul participated in an Interactive Discussion with 'GGF 2027' Fellows from the transnational terrorism working group/ Global Public Policy Institute, India Habitat Centre, January 17, 2017.
Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) participated in the Session on Radicalization, Terrorism and Counterterrorism trends in the South Asia region’ at the Annual Regional Conference (Netherlands Embassy), New Delhi, on 1 March 2016. His presentation was titled ‘Jihad and Radicalisation: Issues and Trends in South Asia’.
Deba R Mohanty (Vice President, SSPC) coordinated and participated in a National Seminar on "Geopolitics and Maritime Security in the Indian Ocean: An Indian Perspective", organised by the Institute for Social and Cultural Studies (Kolkata), at Port Blair on 19-20 February 2016. In addition to the coordination and management of the seminar, he also made a presentation on "Indian Hard Power Dynamic in Indian Ocean" in the seminar.
Deba R Mohanty, (SSPC, Vice President) participated as a speaker at the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS)- India workshop, held in New Delhi on 9 February 2016. He spoke at length on development in the Indian defence sector since the current government assumed power and outlined his assessments on what kind of reforms is India likely to witness in the next three years and beyond.
SSPC's Vice President, Deba R Mohanty visited Berlin and interacted with scholars from Free University from 11 to 14 January 2016. He also held meetings with stakeholders in the Indian defence sector from FRG business community. In these meetings, he spoke at length on the development in the Indian defence sector in recent times and their implications.
Animesh Roul (SSPC, Executive Director) participated and presented his research inputs on "Modern means for spreading radicalisation" at the 3rd Annual Internal Security National Seminar: ‘Radicalisation: A Growing Security Challenge for India’, hosted and organised by the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA, New Delhi), 9th December 2015.
SSPC's Executive Director, Animesh Roul attended OPCW/CWC Conference of State Parties (CSP 20), 30 November - 4 December 2015; at World Forum Convention Centre, The Hague (Netherlands). He presented a Statement as part of the NGO statements under CWC Coalition.
SSPC Executive Director, Animesh Roul participated in a two-day Workshop on "Countering Extremism: Islamic State & Beyond", organized by the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)/ Centre of Excellence for National Security (CENS) on 22-23 Septmebr 2015, at Marina Mandarin, Singapore. Roul also made a presentation on "the Countering the Lure of Islamic State in South Asia".
- Animesh Roul (SSPC, Executive Director) participated in the 17th Asian Security Conference (11-13 February 2015), Organised by the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi. The theme for this year’s conference is “Asian Security: Comprehending the Indian Approach”. Roul presented a paper on “Chemical and Biological Dimension of Jihadi Terrorism” on February 12, 2015.
SSPC, Executive Director, Animesh Roul participated in a Workshop in Support of The Hague Code of Conduct and Ballistic Missile Non-proliferation, organized by European Union- Foundation pour la Recherche Strategique (FRS, Paris) on May 28, 2014, at the Vienna International Centre, Vienna (Austria). He presented and discussed Indian perceptions of the issues and trends in the ballistic field, HCoC and the regional security environment, at Vienna International Centre.
Deba R Mohanty (Vice President, SSPC) made a presentation on “High Expectations, Low Results: Examining the Role of Technology Transfers in India-US Defense Relations” at a workshop on “India-US Defence Cooperation: The Way Ahead”, organized by ICRIER on December 9, 2013 at The Deck Suite, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. The workshop was held under the auspices of Wadhwani Chair in India-US Policy Studies, instituted within ICRIER.
- Animesh Roul, Executive Director, SSPC participated in the Asia Outreach Seminar on the Hague Code of Conduct (HCoC), sponsored and organised by European Union and Foundation pour la Recherche Strategique, Paris; at the Park Royal, 3 pickering street, Singapore, on November 27, 2013.
- Animesh Roul, Executive Director, SSPC participated in the "UNSCR 1540 Civil Society Forum – Opportunities for Engagement" January 8, 2013 - January 10, 2013 at Vienna International Center, Vienna (Austria). This meeting of representatives of civil society provided an opportunity to broaden support for the implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1540 by member states. The Forum was hosted by the Federal Ministry for European Affairs and International Affairs of Austria, in cooperation with the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs and organized by the Steering Committee of the Forum.
- Deba R Mohanty (Vice President, SSPC ) participated in a Workshop on "Deterrence and Strategic Conventional Military Technologies" organised by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) from 11 to 12 September 2012. He made a presentation on Indian defence planning, advanced conventional military hardware and technology capabilities and higher institutional mechanisms. Venue: Dwarika's Hotel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Animesh Roul, (Executive Director, SSPC) participated in a Symposium on "Lashkar-e-Taiba: Analysis and Policies" organised by Laboratory for Computational Cultural Dynamics (LCCD)/University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies (UMIACS), September 10, 2012. Venue: The National Press Club, Washington, DC.
- Deba R. Mohanty, (Vice President, SSPC) is currently a Visiting Fellow at the NFG Research Group, Freie University, Berlin (Germany). He joined the Group on 15 May 2012 for a period of two months. His association with the Group will still remain after his return to India from Berlin on 15 July 2012 as he will be consulted on a wide range of Indian security issues by NFG from time to time. He made a presentation at the Group seminar on “Interpreting Indian aspirations in the 21st Century” on 4 July 2012. He is currently writing an NFG Working Paper on “Examining India’s Relations with Multilateral Exports Control Regimes.”
- Animesh Roul, (Executive Director, SSPC) Presented and participated in a Panel discussion on 'Al Qaeda Associated Strategies Toward Asia', at The Fifth Annual Terrorism Conference: “Al-Qaeda After Bin Laden ”, Jamestown Foundation, Washington DC, December 08, 2011. Venue: National Press Club, Grand Ballroom, 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor Washington, D.C.
- Representing SSPC, Animesh Roul (Executive Director) attended and participated in the “OPCW Contribution to Security & Non-Proliferation of Chemical Weapons” & “CWC Coalition meet”, held in the Hague on April 11-13, 2011. Venue: OPCW Headquarters, Johan de Wittlaan 32, 2517 JR - The Hague.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) has presented “India Country Report: Biowepaons Monitor 2010” and participated in preparatory roundtable discussions on the sidelines of the BWC Meeting of State Parties, 9-11 December 2010. Venue: The Palais des Nations, United Nations Office, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC), has participated in the BW Monitor 2010 Workshop at the Palais des Nations, United Nations Office, Geneva, Switzerland- Aug 24-26 2010. Also attended the ongoing BWC Meeting of Experts (MoX). Venue: The Palais des Nations, United Nations Office, Geneva, Switzerland
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) attended the Australian Federal Police Colloquium on “Terror Finance in SE Asia”, Canberra, May 20-21, 2010. Venue: AFP, Canberra, Australia.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) attended the Jamestown Foundation’s Annual Terrorism Conference, December 9-10, 2009. He presented “Terror Finance Networks in South Asia” and participated in the Panel discussion. Venue: National Press Club, Grand Ballroom, 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor Washington, D.C.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) presented a paper titled “Terrorism Finance in South Asia: Trends and Issues” at the Airey Neave Trust Conference, organized by the Defence Academy and University of Cranfield, Shrivenham (UK), on Nov 26, 2009. Venue: Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, Shrivenham, Swindon, (UK).
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) presented a paper titled “Islamic Terrorism in India: Tanzeems, Tentacles and Networks” hosted and organized by the Hans Siedel Stiftung, Munich June 16, 2009. Venue: Wildbad Kreuth, Bavaria (Germany)
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) participated in a two-day workshop organized by RSIS, Singapore and /NBR, USA in Singapore on the Transnational Islam in South and Southeast Asia: Movements, Networks, and Conflict Dynamics; June 25-26, 2008. Venue: RSIS, Nanyang Avenue, Singapore and Traders Hotel, Penang Room, 1A Cuscaden Road , Singapore.
- Animesh Roul (Executive Director, SSPC) attended Second International Forum on Biosecurity, held in Budapest, March 30-April 2, 2008. The forum was organized by The InterAcademy Panel on International Issues (IAP), the InterAcademy Medical Panel (IAMP), the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS), the International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB), the International Union of Biological Sciences (IUBS), the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the National Academies of the United States. Venue: Hotel Mercure Buda, Budapest, Hungary.